Here we'll lay out some of our broad plans for the future of MicroMARE.
Immediate Future 1-6 Months
- Adding quests to all existing areas.
- Add Sector Specific Weather to zones.
- Add Sector (enviroment type) to all 15 "Towns") and associated areas.
- Adding Profession Joining and continue to flush out Professions Specialties.
- Continue repairs to broken areas including: Shuttle Station, Exits into or out of Objects (MARE/MUSE code conflict destroyed all such exits that existed in MicroMUSE), any "Pseudo Exits" that conflict with MARE hardcode, anything not found yet that is broken.
- Continue upgrades to areas that can be upgraded including: Chocolate Factory, Oz, MicroMUSE Phantasy, Puzzle Place, University, Various Stellar Body surfaces, MUSE/MARE tutorial, Main Transport Lobby, Dining Areas, anythign not identified yet.
- Attempts to restore more of Caspian's functionality.
- Add more food items.
- Add more clothing/equipment.
Distant Future 6 months to years
- Add new areas, with focus on extra solar locations.
- Move all code that resides in v registers to defined attributes.
- Make corps pay project creators assuming corps can profit.
- Add more atmosphere areas "Sky zones" like ccii sky. Technically landing launching from planets should require transit through an atmosphere. This may damage shuttles as they transit down.
- Make all planetary bodies have a "circular" shape with interlink exits.
- Full rewrite of Caspian using new code.
- Repair of Space.c which made old space function.
These are things that were on the dev-roadmap were removed and never end up on the Changelog. These are things that were abandoned, reworked, or reassigned priority over 5 years.
Space: Space was removed from the dev-roadmap because we beleive space.c can be restored at a cost, this will bring full functions space and most starships back into the fold (new ships will need to be upgraded to handle old space).